This past weekend we went to the airshow at the local airport. They only put it on once every two years and it's usually the Saturday before Fathers Day. We went two years ago and had a blast. This year it was a lot warmer and sunnier and we all got a little more color.
There were some pretty cool planes they flew this year. We couldn't remember what time we got there two years ago, but it was the one time Rachael was happy that I write random things on the blog, like what time we got there. She checked our blog book and saw that we got there a little after 8. So this year we got there a little after 8 again.
I don't think this plane was part of the show, but I got a picture of it.
There were some drag races between some modified muscle cars...
Jacob enjoying the show with a zinger...
There were a lot of birds out too. I was a little surprised none of them got hit by the planes.
Jacob enjoying his shaved ice...
We brought some Jimmy John sammiches with us this year...
The show was interrupted a few times by the flight for life helicopter.
Towards the end they were going to have some pyrotechnics with the war planes. When I was zoomed in on the Mustang I thought something flew from it, but it turned out to just be a bird...
I couldn't get any shots with the explosions and the planes, but there were some pretty good fireballs...
After the show the firefighters were out making sure the nature park didn't catch on fire.
All in all it was a really fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment