Monday, January 2, 2017

Harvest Break

Every year Jacob gets a week off of school for the spud harvest.  We tried coordinating with my dad and brother to go fishing, but it just didn't work out.  I took off the Friday before the end of Harvest Break and planned to have campfire with my buddy and his boys...most boys young and old love fire.  We didn't tell Jacob what we were doing until we went and got some firewood.  He was pretty excited once we told him.

We got to the campgrounds and found a good one to have a fire.  There was some wood there, but it wasn't dry and wouldn't make good firewood...until the younger boys got a hold of it.


The fire ring was really nice.  Looked to be a semi rim or something, but it worked great and stayed contained.  It was a good time to go over fire safety with the boys from start to finish...they had a blast putting it out with gallons and gallons of water.




The boys all sat close and kept covering their heads.  Michael and I assured them that they would have a good time if they sat back a little further, but they persisted sitting close.



I love the way the flames dance and crackle on the wood.


We roasted some marshmallows and made smores...





I guess the key to getting them to sit back further were longer sticks...




And that was how we ended Harvest Break.  It was really fun and we'll probably be doing a few more once winter is over.

No comments:

Magic Eye

So, before Rachael and I got married I absolutely hated Magic Eye posters, cards, books...anything Magic Eye, then Rachael taught me how to see the pictures with a little postcard book she had of Disney postcards...now I love them!! They are way cool, I found some games on the Internet involving Magic Eye, Tetris and a maze. If you like Magic Eye give it a try. The top score I have gotten in Tetris so far is 4,450 points and I completed the maze in about 45 seconds. Good Luck!!!