When I was a kid I loved going shooting with my dad. He taught me how to be safe with firearms and how big of a hole it could put into things. Now that Jacob turned 8, I've been wanting to take him shooting and teach him more about firearm safety. He's seen me clean our weapons and we've talked about how to be safe with them, but we haven't gone shooting.
My dad took us out to the gun range and it was a blast.
The gun range we went to was really nice. We went early in the morning and the weather was nice.
Riley getting set up...
Riley did really well once he got comfortable with the 22.
Landon's turn...
Pretty good...
The rifle was a tad too big for Jacob, but he still had fun and did pretty good.
Not too bad for his first time ever...
My turn...
and then dad...
He's got better grouping, but I did alright...it's been awhile.
I broke open one of the rounds and showed Jacob the powder inside...
After the rifle we shot some handguns...
The biggest thing trying to get the boys to do was to lean in...they all wanted to lean back...
I didn't know how well Jacob would do so I leaned over him and braced him, but he did pretty good and loved shooting the handgun.
On the way home we saw a Turkey Vulture...
When we got home it was lunch time...
Jackson did not approve of all the pictures I took while we were there...
To escape the heat Jacob played on his DS...
No comments:
Post a Comment